Community Art Show
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
This event is closed and is no longer taking registrations.
17th Annual Town of Thompson Community Art Show
We missed you in 2020 and don't want to miss another year to celebrate Thompson's artists so we are trying something different. This a learning experience for all of us and we're so excited to try something new!
New For 2021 - The Art Show is going digital!!
* Take photos of your art work and send them to us. Digital images will be compiled into a slide show to be on display at the Thompson Library and also on the Town of Thompson website. Digital photos must be submitted at the same time as the applications. Please email images to email@example.com
* Photos should be sent as JPEG (.jpg) or .PNG files. Recommended pixel size (1024 X 768) and recommended 72dpi.
* Tips for photos of artwork:
1. Hang artwork on the wall.
2. Light your work properly (natural daylight)
3. Line your camera up with the middle of your work. The angle of your camera and artwork should be the same.
4. Have a neutral background.
5. Turn off your flash to avoid glare.
For more tips: How to photograph your paintings w/your Iphone.
* Eligibility: All who live, work, go to school or own property in Thompson, Connecticut are eligible to submit up to Three (3) digital pictures of visual artwork.
* Plus: Take a "Selfie" of yourself with your work or in the process of working. Selfie's may be on display at the Library, so think FUN!
* And think BIG! Have work that you haven't been able to submit in the past because of the size limitations? Now is your chance to share a picture of a large sculpture, outdoor installations or that oversize mural on your wall, or work you may have already gifted to someone else.
* 2021 is again an "open theme". Our theme for last year was "Our 2020 Visions" and I am sure we all have visions for a better 2021, so be creative.
* Artists in the Community Day!
On Sunday, April 25th, from 3:00 - 5:00 p.m., the Art Show Committee and Recreation Department will host an online (zoom) meeting featuring a few Thompson artists. Artists will be asked to share 1 to 3 pieces of work, completed or not, and speak for 5 to 10 minutes about their artwork, experience, process and methods. This is an optional event. Artists can select if they are interested in participating on the application. Space is limited to 10 artists due to time constraints and will be selected on a first come, first serve basis. If there is great interest, the committee will consider a second night.
APPLICATIONS & PHOTO DEADLINE IS MARCH 1, 2021
Additional Forms and Files: