Purely Recreation Before and After School Program
Recreation and more! We mix a little learning with a lot of fun activities. The curriculum includes outside play, science fun, arts and crafts, and special events. We offer both a before school program and an after school program.
Currently, the schedule of the program reflects a full 5-day in person return to school schedule. Thompson Recreation will adjust the Before & After School schedule should the school schedule change.
Students are grouped based on age into small groups. A staff trained in CPR/First Aid is always present. Space is limited to 20 at before school care and 20 at after school care.
Registration is by monthly (4 week) sessions. You may choose five days or three days per week. If you choose the 3 days/week option you may select whichever days work best for your schedule. You must call the office to select your days. These days may be different week to week but must be selected at the time of registration.
New registrations will be accepted on a rolling basis if space is available. Monthly rate will be prorated for days missed.
Once enrolled, your child will continue to be enrolled in the next month unless payments are not made by the deadline at which point the space will become available to those on the wait list.
Full payment is due at the time of registration. Payment dates for each month are below. Payments can be made by credit card, cash, or check. Invoice reminders will be sent two weeks prior to the start of the next month. Payments are not accepted at the program site and must be made online or at the Recreation Office for receipt purposes.
Payment Due Dates
September Session- at time of registration
October Session- Due by 9/18
November Session - Due by 10/16
December Session - Due by 11/13
January Session - Due by 12/25
February Session - Due by 1/22
March Session - Due by 2/19
April Session - Due by 3/19
May Session - Due by 4/16
June Session - Due by 5/14
- Before School Program is open to children in grades K - 4 and runs from 7:00 a.m. - the start of the school day. It is located at the Mary R. Fisher Family Resource Room.
- After School Program is open for children in grades K - 4 and runs from school dismissal until 5:30 p.m.
- Early Release Days: If your child is already enrolled in the After School program on days on which early release days are scheduled they are automatically enrolled for the half day at no additional fee. If they however are not enrolled for those days you must register them separately for the early release days. Scheduled Early Release Days: 10/14, 11/4, 12/9, 12/23, 1/13, 2/10, 3/10, 4/14, 5/12, 6/8, 6/9 - Currently this program is only open to children participating in the after school program. Early Release Fridays are open to children who do not participate in the Afterschool Program.
We are now only offering a 5 day or 3 day a week option. This is due to the maximum number of students allowed per room and regulations encouraging group attendance to remain consistent. Also, we have changed our pricing to a monthly option to make payments more manageable for households.
Monthly Pricing: 5 day or 3 day options available for registration.
Before School Program - limited to 20 participants
5 days per week - $85/month
3 days per week - $65/month
After School Program - limited to 20 participants
5 days per week - $185/month
3 days per week - $145/month
Early Release Days - only available on early release Fridays January 15 - April 16, 2021
Financial Assistance is available through Care4Kids State Funding. Please give our office a call and we can assist you with the process and paperwork. It will take 4 - 6 weeks for your paperwork to be reviewed for assistance. Families applying Care4Kids are required to pay 50% of the monthly fee while waiting for approval from Care4Kids. Families are required to pay all funds not covered by Care4Kids.
REQUIRED EACH YEAR
1. Parent/Guardian Contact Information Form
2. Thompson Recreation Authorization Form
3. Annual Physical and Immunizations
4. Hospital/Medical Information Form
5. COVID - 19 Informed Consent
REQUIRED FOR MEDICATIONS
1. Medication Authorization Form
REQUIRED FOR INHALERS
1. Asthma Individualized Care Plan
2. Medication Authorization Form
REQUIRED FOR EPI PENS
1. Epi- pen Individualized Care Plan
2. Medication Authorization Form
Additional Forms and Files: