17th Annual Thompson Community Art Show
The Thompson Community Art Show will be on exhibit
during the month of April 2020 at the Thompson Library/Community Center. Citizens who live, work, go to school, or own property in Thompson are eligible to submit original
visual artworks that they created.
2020 is again an Open Theme show.
There is no specified theme. If you like to work to a theme, we suggest “Our 2020 Visions” which can be interpreted as you wish.
Your artwork can be realistic or abstract, in any media. An accompanying artist statement (optional) should describe the inspiration or process behind your artwork or be about yourself as an artist.
The 2020 Opening Reception:
Wednesday April 1st, 2020
- All who live, work, go to school or own property in Thompson, Connecticut are eligible to submit up to TWO (2) visual artworks.
- Original visual artwork in all media, ready for hanging. (Please submit individual application forms for EACH artwork.) NOTE: Space is limited. Ideally we would like to show everyone's work, but the committee reserves the right to make final decisions based on size, media and appropriateness.
- Artist's Statement has limited spacing - 20 words or less
- Size Limits: 2-dimensional art, including frame: 2000 square inches maximum per individual piece; ALSO 2000 square inches total combined space if submitting 2 pieces. If a work is over 1000 square inches, please avoid framing with glass. *3-dimensional art must fit in the lobby showcase: maximum depth 7", maximum height 18"
- Be sure your hanging apparatus is secure. (Wire must span the width and be 3” from the top edge and tight.) Use wood or metal frames, not plastic. Please test before submission. (Stretched canvases need not be framed.)
Complete Paper Application form (Attachment below) and submit to Recreation Office, or simply complete registration below
Deadline February 12: Do NOT send original artwork at this time.
Note: If submitting more than one piece of artwork (2 permitted) please complete 1 registration per piece. Finish registration to completion, and submit another new registration.
Additional Forms and Files: